Monday 11 May 2009

Dearest Megan, <3.

I dreamt of you and I

I dreamt of you and I.
Running and hiding in the dark, behind the moonlit elms.
Where the hooting owls halt the singing silence. A cricket’s rasp, a wolf’s growl, a fox’s swish of the tail.

We hide our eyes behind our hands, our ears pricked to the noise of a raven’s call, the encroaching darkness, the whispering of the swallows.
Your words, ‘I love you’ like fireflies in the night; swaying, swishing, soaring.
We take down our hands in unison, your eyes, like diamond sapphires,
illuminate the shrouding darkness…the unforgiving are forgiven, the old are given life anew, the swallows are set free, to soar the open skies,
to sing their hearts to the blossoms of the trees…the trees…
Oh, eternal sage of wisdom, what do you have for me Elm?

Your lilied lips fall gracefully on mine, I taste your sweet scent, I smell the colours;
White and pink and yellow, an unfinished rainbow; mixed with cyanide.
From the emerald eyes, a crystalline tear forms, the dewy glow, falls to the ground
Listen, to the thunder’s sound…the singing ceases.
The foxes, the wolves and the crickets all lay still, anticipating the fall of the rain…

The winds whisper to the trees which arch back and fling the birds from their resting place, the rain, sweet rain, drowns out your words of love, the fireflies fly no more.
Stand up and run, the Elm cries with the creaking of its branches, the shaking of its bark.

Do not despair lover, for we are one, you and I and all the world around us.
The swallows twitter over head, the foxes, wolves, ravens and crickets dash for salvation to their homes in the wood.
We must too, advance into the night…
Listen, to the thunder’s sound.

I hope you like it Maygen, & know that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment